Create a lifetime legacy for you and your family while helping to insure the future of Temple Emeth.
Support Your Temple While Lowering Your Tax Bill.
Charitable giving is a powerful financial tool. It provides double satisfaction – by helping a worthy cause, and lowering your tax bill.
A Win-Win Situation
Charitable giving strategies often provide solutions unavailable through traditional estate planning techniques. There are many different methods of charitable giving, each with a specific set of benefits. Some of the most common benefits include the donor’s ability to:
- Transform an illiquid asset into an important source of current or future income
- Restructure a non-diversified portfolio without paying current capital gains tax
- Realize and achieve personal vision, values and goals
- Avoid current capital gains tax on the sale of a business
- Take an immediate tax deduction and have assets removed from your estate
- Support specific Temple projects
- Receive lifetime recognition for your generosity
- Receive a guaranteed lifetime income while generating substantial tax savings
Wealth Replacement Strategies
Charitable giving does not require you to choose between transferring your legacy to a charity or to your heirs. In fact, it is possible to use the income tax savings and part of the income interest in your charitable donation to fund an irrevocable life insurance trust. Enough life insurance may be purchased within the trust to replace the full value of the donated assets. As an added benefit, the insurance proceeds can transfer to your heir’s estate tax free.
Charitable Giving Vehicles
There are a number of very advantageous tools and strategies that we can help you set up in consultation with your tax advisor or attorney to achieve your philanthropic goals:
- Charitable Remainder Trusts
- Charitable Lead Trusts
- Charitable Gift Annuities
- Pooled Income Funds
- Family Foundations
- Life Insurance
- Remainder Interest in a Residence
As a donor, you may also want to consider naming the Temple as a beneficiary of a retirement plan or life insurance policy or as a recipient of a bequest through your will.
We can help you put these strategies in place to make present and future gifts to Temple Emeth. To learn more, complete and submit the adjacent Request for Information Form, or contact::
All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.