194 Grove Street
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
617-469-9400 (Temple Office)
Temple Emeth is located in the Chestnut Hill section of southern Brookline at the intersection of West Roxbury Parkway and Grove Street. The entrance on Puddingstone Road is the primary and most frequently open access. There are also entrances through the rotunda on Grove Street and at 1000 West Roxbury Parkway that are open for Shabbat, the High Holy Days, and other services and events.
There is free on-street parking in the neighboring area, including two accessible parking spaces on Puddingstone Road (a one-way street). There is no covered parking space, nor garage.
Directions from the Massachusetts Turnpike (I-90)
- Take the Mass Pike East to Exit 123 (I-95/Route 128 South to Cape Cod).
- Continue with directions below.
Directions from I-95/Route 128 North or South
- Travel on I-95/Route 128 to Exit 20A (Route 9 East to Brookline).
- Continue on Route 9 East for 2.7 miles, then bear right onto Florence Street at Winston Flowers (just after a traffic light at Langley Road).
- At the first traffic light turn right onto Hammond Pond Parkway.
- If you miss the turn onto Florence Street and pass the Lifetime Center, bear right at exit immediately after Miltons (sign for West Roxbury/Hyde Park) onto Hammond Pond [JK4] Parkway. Go through traffic light and continue with these directions.
- Travel on Hammond Pond Parkway and at a traffic circle/rotary take 3rd right onto Newton Street.
- Travel 0.4 mile, then bear right at fork onto West Roxbury Parkway and go up the hill.
- At top of hill go through a traffic light (intersection with South Street) to the next traffic circle, called Putterham Circle. There is a shopping center on the right.
- Temple Emeth can be seen on the far side of Putterham Circle. Begin looking for on-street parking.
- Go half-way around the traffic circle (180 degrees) and take a right to continue on West Roxbury Parkway.
- Take first right onto Puddingstone Road, a one-way street.
- The Puddingstone Road entrance to Temple Emeth is on the right, next to the playground.
- If you are coming from another direction we recommend using Google Maps.
Directions from Temple Emeth to Temple Emeth Memorial Park
- Leaving Temple Emeth, travel south on Grove Street, which becomes Independence Drive.
- At traffic light turn right onto VFW Parkway (Route 1).
- At third traffic light turn right onto Baker Street.
- After 0.4 mile, look for a driveway entrance on your left to Baker Street Jewish Cemeteries, 776 Baker Street, West Roxbury.
- As you enter, a brick office building is to your left, and to your right a sign with the names and street “#”s for each cemetery. Temple Emeth Memorial Park is #5.
- Proceed up the hill along the main road for 0.2 mile. Vilno #8 will be on your right.
- Just ahead on your left at a road intersection is a large stone marker “Temple Emeth Memorial Park.” The “5” does not appear on the marker, nor is it relevant to finding the location.
- The intersecting road on left takes you to paths for cemetery sections A – F. This road circles to the left, and will return you to the main road. Make a right to exit the cemetery.
Access for People with Disabilities
Accessible access to Temple Emeth is through the Puddingstone Road entrance. An elevator just inside and to the right services all floors in the building. Click here for additional accessibility options at Temple Emeth.
How to Find the Chapel
When the temple is open, Minyan is held in the Chapel, which is accessible for people with disabilities. Enter through the Puddingstone Road entrance (next to the playground), proceed up the stairs or take the elevator to the 4th floor. The Chapel is located on the left across from the Temple’s main office.
A bus stop, on Grove Street in front of Temple Emeth’s rotunda entrance, accommodates the MBTA # 51 bus which travels from Cleveland Circle to Forest Hills Station via Hancock Village. This bus does not operate on Sunday.